To remove stains and oil buildup or to do a deeper cleaning, scrub the band with a soft toothbrush dipped in water. You can add in a gentle, soap-free product, such as Cetaphil cleanser to clean your band. Do not use hand soap, body wash, dish soap, hand wipes, laundry detergent, or any other type of household cleaner on your elastomer Fitbit band.
Regular use of a Fitbit is a great way to track workout progress and health goals. The recorded information is conveniently stored in an app that can be accessed via a smartphone. This way, you can share your progress with friends and family and stay accountable to yourself. After exercising, though, you’re often a little dirty.
People often wonder: how do I clean my Fitbit Charge 5 band? The answer varies depending on what type of Fitbit band you own. Some people claim that they wash their band when they put it in the shower. However, this is not the case, and the band is not considered clean. Read on to find out how to clean certain types of bands, the screen, and other Fitbit care tips.
How do I Clean my Fitbit Surge or charge?
Cleaning your Fitbit Surge or Charge using Cetaphil and rubbing alcohol, according to the instructions provided in Fitbit’s Product Care section.
How do I care for my Fitbit watch?
Because Fitbits pick up more grime than other types of watches, it’s important to keep them clean. Wipe them off after working out, and give them a deeper clean at least once or twice a month. Not only will they look better, they will stay in better shape so you can enjoy wearing them as long as possible.
How do I Clean my Fitbit Flyer headphones?
Remove the ear tips and wings or fins from Fitbit Flyer and wash them with water or a wet cloth. Allow them to dry completely before reattaching them to the headphones.
How Do I Clean my Leather Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Leather is its own special type of material when it comes to its care. Genuine leather is very finicky to water, so it makes it harder for users to care for and clean them. To avoid causing discoloration and ruining the leather, it is recommended that this type of band is not used during high-intensity workouts. This band is more for casual or business wear.
If you still need to know how to clean the band and care for it to prevent distress or discoloring, follow these steps:
- Buy a soft cloth used for leather only. Microfiber cloths or felt cloths are great options.
- If necessary, grab some Cetaphil and add a very tiny amount onto a soft, damp cloth. The cloth should not be wet whatsoever, or it will ruin it.
- Gently rub the Cetaphil in circles to clean the leather.
- Take another soft cloth and dampen it. Wipe down the treated leather areas.
- Let the band dry. If you are in a hurry, you can use low heat hair dryers to speed up the process.
- Keep the band out of direct sunlight to avoid discoloration.
- Use a leather softener to treat the band. Make sure it is safe for the skin and does not discolor your leather.
How Do I Clean my Silicone Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Silicone Fitbit bands are popular because they have a lot of elasticity and are generally water-resistant. This means that they will not absorb and hold onto any water when they get wet. Although they are comfortable and popular for high-intensity workouts, they are also prone to bacteria build-up that can cause foul odors.
In order to clean a Silicone Fitbit Charge 5 band, you should follow these steps:
- Remove the band from the screen
- Take the band and run it under cold water
- Grab a cotton swab and wet it with rubbing alcohol
- Clean the band with the damp swab
- Grab out an old toothbrush
- Use Cetaphil cleanser and finish scrubbing the band; rinse when done
- Dry the band thoroughly and put it back on
It is important to stay away from soap products when cleaning this type of band. This is because the band material will absorb it, and it can cause skin irritation later on. Cetaphil is excellent because it is a mild cleanser and won’t cause irritation.